Your payment security and peace of mind are extremely important to us…
Indeed, as an online vendor in today’s competitive environment, we simply could not operate unless we offered the very best in payment security.
For this reason we use the UK’s largest and best known online payment provider: Sage Pay.
Sage Pay offer a secure gateway over which your details are encrypted and sent to your card issuer. Neither Sage Pay nor Gil-Lec store your card details at any point either during or after the transaction.
How Sage Pay’s payment processing works
- Your credit/debit card details are captured securely by Sage Pay.
- The merchant bank sends the credit card details to your card issuer who authorises (or declines) the transaction.
- The merchant bank then sends the transaction results back to Sage Pay.
- Sage Pay sends the authorisation results to us and confirms the transaction with you.
PCI DSS Compliance
Both Sage Pay and Gil-Lec are fully PCI DSS compliant.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a proprietary information security standard for organizations that handle cardholder information for the major debit, credit, prepaid, e-purse, ATM, and POS cards.
Defined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, the standard was created to increase controls around cardholder data to reduce credit card fraud via its exposure. Validation of compliance is done annually — by an external Qualified Security Assessor that creates a Report on Compliance for organizations handling large volumes of transactions, or by Self-Assessment Questionnaire for companies handling smaller volumes.
PCI DSS compliance helps to:
- Make shopping on the internet safer by reducing online fraud
- Prevent theft and the unauthorised use of credit and debit cards
- Protect both consumers and businesses from fraudulent activity
- Ensure merchants are securely processing & transmitting card data
If you have any questions regarding payment security or online card processing, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01494 790 460. We are real people on the end of the phone.